Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Important Stuff

There I was yesterday thinking I was hot shit for not walking during our 1.7 mile run at EB. For me, not walking for 1.7 miles is pretty miraculous. If you remember on our first day, I had to walk during our mile run. So, yesterday, I was all stoked that I managed to keep at a jog the whole 1.7 miles.

So, confidently, I go to EB today thinking - well, we did a long run yesterday so we probably won't run much if at all.

Ha.
Ha.
Ha.

Never, ever attempt to psychoanalyze bootcamp. If you do, you are dead. If you think you know what you are going to do - you don't. And just when you think you are catching the drift of things, BANG, they throw in an incline resembling Mount Olympus.

OK. So we did our calisthenics - jumping jacks, 8 counts, etc. Some stomach stuff. Then we set off for a run. I think we maybe ran 1/2 a mile or 3/4 of a mile and we got to an steep, steep hill. DI-Size0 stayed at the bottom. DI-MC ran up to the top. And us bootcampers, we went up and down, up and down, up and down. I guess each stretch up the hill was maybe 1/8-1/4 of a mile. I did it 5 times. There were only 3 of us there today. The other 2 ladies are veterans and were jamming and did it 6 times. I was a sad, sad display. I suffered. I tried to stay at a very slow jog as much as possible both up and down and I think I only slowed to a walk a couple times. But that run back to camp (after Kilimanjaro), unfortunately, wasn't a run at all. I walked about half of it. So sad. Anyhow, I am a little sore tonight. My knees, thankfully, don't ache. But, I am tired. Really tired.

Tomorrow is the last day of Week 5 and these five weeks have gone very quickly. I have really enjoyed myself and I think I am going to do this again. Suffering or not, I am enjoying it. And, I like that I am improving. I am so competitive with my own self that this is a new challenge for me to meet. I also am in awe of the woman, T, who has been doing this for a year. One year. Every day. Wow. The lady can move - she jumps, she runs, she can do all the stuff. I am jealous. I don't think I will ever be as good as her but I do think I can have a lot of room for improvement. I want to be the best version of me. I can, I can, I really can.

All my children are sick. My husband is sick. The twins' birthday party is on Sunday - nothing is ready. Jojo gets his new effing helmet tomorrow. Things are real fun here. But, you know, at least I can jog 1.7 miles that's all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!! Well I think you are AMAZING to have come this far in 5 weeks. I remember from doing Crew that it takes a while to really get into that kind of shape. Keep up the great work!!!! Way to gooooooooooooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete