The minute after everyone left his first birthday party...I puked and puked and puked. I was pregnant again. Of course, that was the twin pregnancy...a pregnancy that made the 2nd year of Lukas' life a total blur. I watched him from afar as my Mom took care of him for several months while I was hospitalized. I think I will be making up for this lost year my whole life...for now...Lulo gets away with more, he is my Mama's boy. I am strict with him but he has a special place in my heart. I can tell already that we are alike in temperament, humor, and attitude. That means one day, we'll be at war. Sometimes we already are. But, damn, I like that kid.
Tomorrow my Lulo turns four. He has his moments but the other Moms tell me how smiley and polite he is. Isn't that rad? Everyone says that every time they see Lulo...he is smiling. I can't be messing him up that bad. He is a crack up who smiles all the time. The teacher is impressed by his focus and his memorization skills. He is a good kid. I am a lucky Mama.
Funny Little Things That I Want to Remember about Lulo on the Eve of his Birthday:
- He bites his lower lip when he is doing crafts. We've been doing little ones before bed lately. He thinks so hard but is so proud of his creations.
- He is still obsessed with elephants.
- He still sucks his thumb.
- He "reads" books alone when he wakes up in the morning.
- He knows his alphabet and numbers, is trying to read, knows every animal. Every. Animal. Scarlet Macaw, Tapir, Sloth, Pygmy Marmoset.
- He likes to sleep in his underwear. No more shorts or pants.
- He has to wear socks that are really stretched out. The older and crappier, the better. He calls them "cool socks".
- He asks me to tickle him. Then begs me to stop, over and over.
- He is starting to play with his brothers and really incorporating them in games and make believe.
- He sings and makes up little songs. He has a nice voice.
- He says "I am having a tough time" and "I need a break". Really.
- He loves sweets, fruits, and vegetables. He is picky about meats.